Want to muscle up while slimming down all while avoiding normal ‘healthy’ protein bars and snacks? If so, you’ll love this CBD-infused take on the protein bar. Ditch the store-bought stuff — this homemade recipe gives you total control over what you put in your body!
Oats (2 cups)
Oats are incredibly nutritious, rich in antioxidants, and an amazing source of fiber. Plus they’re a perfect base for treats of the protein-rich variety.
Almond butter (½ cup)
Those extra enthusiastic about almond butter (aka 95% of online readers) can feel free to throw a few extra tablespoons in — the ½ cup value is merely a baseline recommendation. Besides, it’s brain food...
Hemp seeds (1 cup)
Though CBD gets more attention than other hemp derivatives, even the plant’s seeds deserve some attention! They’re full of omega 3’s, iron, and B vitamins...and the crunch factor is phenomenal.
Relief CBD Oil (100 mg, 2 droppers)
What’s life without a little CBD? Our Relief oil makes an appearance here for a reason: its powerful blend of CBD + terpenes may help your body find stable energy and break free from chronic inflammation.
Chopped almonds (¼ cup)
Almonds are known as the food of the gods for a reason. Like the hemp seeds that precede them, almonds are rich in healthy fats and proteins.
Dried blueberries (1 cup)
The perfect additions to provide this recipe a sweet + chewy element.
Cinnamon (½ tablespoon)
We all know cinnamon is delicious. And just think of how delicious your kitchen will smell when you sprinkle this into the bowl…
Vanilla extract (1 teaspoon)
Vanilla + cinnamon: it’s a winning combination, so feel free to sprinkle that teaspoon on liberally.
Ginger (1 teaspoon)
With the inclusion of just a little ginger, this recipe has everything! Sugar, spice, and everything nice, that is.
Honey (2 teaspoons)
2 teaspoons of honey give these bars just the right amount of sweetness. Delicious, but not overpowering.
Almond milk (½ cup)
What’s more satisfying than almond milk? Ice cream, maybe...but since this recipe aims to help you stick with your 2020 wellness goals, not distract you from them, almond milk it is.
Cacao nibs (1 cup)
A little goes a long way with cocoa nibs. Think of them like the unfiltered, unprocessed precursor to chocolate — they’re good.
Coconut flakes (1 cup)
Just a little something tropical, you know? Opt for the unsweetened variety — there are plenty of other good sweetness sources here.
- Add the oats, cinnamon, ginger, hemp seeds, chopped almonds, coconut flakes, and dried blueberries into a large bowl and mix together. Set aside.
- Place almond butter, honey, vanilla extract, and almond milk into a small pot.
- Place the pot on a low heat for a few minutes, stirring continuously.
- Keep stirring the mixture until it resembles a soft paste.
- Remove the pot from the heat, add your Relief CBD oil, and stir.
- Pour this elixir into your dry ingredients bowl and blend everything together. Then add in the cacao nibs and stir until fully mixed.
- Pour mixture into a glass tray.
- Place in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Remove when set, cut into even slices and enjoy!
This recipe is seriously tasty. And there’s more good news: CBD protein bars may become your healthy daily routine’s new best friend. Between the protein content, all the healthy fats, and (obviously) the CBD, you’re sure to be recovering fast and feeling strong.