March 23, 2020Recipes
Attention honey lovers: CBD just got a whole lot sweeter. This CBD-infused recipe might become your new favorite go-to!
- Honey | We love to get ours from a local beekeeper. Consider doing the same, especially if you have allergies. Manuka honey gets extra points, too.
- CBD Oil | Any of these products will work...so take your pick! Feel free to lean towards the strong side, as your CBD oil of choice will be getting diluted into an entire jar of honey.
- Double boiler | You can also substitute with a glass jar and medium saucepan.
- Stirring spoon | For, well, stirring...
- Thermometer | This one’s important — honey is heat sensitive!
- Glass jar | Just take your hemp flower stash out of it first.
- Combine honey and CBD oil in your double boiler.
- Slowly heat the combo to a temperature of 95 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Stir consistently so that the CBD equally dissolves into the honey.
- Feeling artistic? At this point you can express yourself by mixing in things like lavender, sweet orange, ginger, et cetera!
- Once your CBD is fully dissolved into honey, remove it from the heat & let it cool.
Before fully cooling, though, you’ll want to transfer your CBD honey into a glass jar for storage. (Note that CBD-infused honey is especially delicious in its molten state.)
From this point forward, what you decide to do with your CBD honey is fully up to you. You can enjoy it atop toast or use it to level up your favorite warm beverage; you can use it as a healthy sweetener in your favorite recipes.
Regardless, feel free to use liberally. Getting your daily dose of cannabinoids in has probably never been so important!